- Crayola No-Run School Glue
- Baking Soda
- Contact Lens Solution
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Crayola Model Magic
- Measuring Spoons
- Craft Sticks
CIY Staff Tips:
- If slime is still too sticky after adding 3 tsp contact lens solution, add extra contact lens solution in small increments until the slime mixture easily slides out of the bowl. If needed, add a small amount of contact lens solution to your hands and rub them together before removing the slime from the bowl.
- Adult supervision required. This project is not appropriate for children under the age of 3 years. Warning: If large quantities of contact lens solution are accidentally ingested (greater than a tablespoon), get medical attention immediately.
- When combining water and Model Magic, there may be excess water in the bowl, which can be added to the overall mix.
- To keep slime from drying out, keep it in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
Pour 3/4 cup glue, 1/8 tsp baking soda, and 1 Tbsp lotion into a bowl, stirring well with a craft stick until completely mixed
Add contact lens solution in 1/2 tsp increments. Mix the contact lens solution in each time it’s added, up until 3 tsp have been added or until the slime mixture is easily coming off the bowl.
In another bowl, add 3/4 cup Model Magic and 1/8 cup water. Stir until Model Magic has started to dissolve and mixes well with the water.
Combine both mixtures by stirring or kneading them together until you have a smooth and well-mixed slime.