- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Paint Brush
- Crayola Bright Pop! Cardstock
- Crayola No. 2 Pencil
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola No-Run Washable School Glue
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Paper Plate
CIY Staff Tips:
- Is your dino the king or queen of the cretaceous period? Add a cardstock crown!
- Study other types of dinosaurs and create more prehistoric paper plates.
Paint an upside-down plate and 2 clothespins. Dry 1–2 hours. Add second coat. Dry 1–2 hours.
Using plate as guide, sketch dinosaur scales on cardstock. Cut out.
Sketch and cut out construction paper head and tail.
Flip plate right-side up. Glue scales, head, and tail to plate.
Add glue to rim of plate. Fold in half and press down to secure. Let all glue steps dry 1–2 hours.
Clip clothespins to bottom of plate to create legs.
Draw facial features with markers.
Add sparkly accents with glitter glue. Dry 3–4 hours, then have a dino good time!