Picturing Canada’s Regions
Learning Standards describe what students should know, be able to do, and understand by the end of each grade. Learning standards frame the important competencies/expectations and big ideas for each grade.
Lessons in this bundle address the following standards:
• Apply the creative process to produce works of art using the elements, principles and techniques of
visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings.
• Use the critical analysis process to describe, interpret and respond to works of art.
• Listen to understand and respond appropriately.
• Use speaking skills and strategies appropriately to communicate.
• Read and demonstrate an understanding of texts.
• Write for an intended purpose.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the diverse characteristics of the physical regions of Canada.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the cardinal directions and locate physical regions of Canada on a map.