Canada’s Search for Identity
Learning Standards describe what students should know, be able to do, and understand by the end of each grade. Learning standards frame the important competencies/expectations and big ideas for each grade. Lessons in this bundle address the following standards:
• Apply the creative process to produce works of art using the elements, principles and techniques of
visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings.
• Use the critical analysis process to describe, interpret and respond to works of art.
• Listen to understand and respond appropriately.
• Use speaking skills and strategies appropriately to communicate.
• Read and demonstrate an understanding of texts.
• Write for an intended purpose.
• Gather, record, evaluate and synthesize information from a range of primary and secondary sources and a range of media.
You will need:
• Crayola Washable Glue Stick
• Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9” x 12”) - 2 pieces
• Waxed Dental Floss
• Duct Tape
• Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9” x 12”) - 6 pieces
• Sharp Sewing Needle
• Large Paper Clips - 4
• Corrugated Cardboard - 15 cm x 22.9 cm (6” x 9”) - 2 pieces