- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Crayons
- Crayola Markers
- Styrofoam Trays
- Paint Roller
- Paper Towels
- Choose your favourite paint colour .
- Roll a thin layer of it evenly over a styrofoam tray.
- Spread the fingers of your hand and carefully place it, palm down, into the paint.
- Make sure that the palm of your hand is completely covered in paint.
- Press your hand onto a piece of white paper to make a print.
- Remove your hand.
- Set the print aside to dry.
- Work with a small group to make a mind map of your ideas.
- Think of the helpers in your community.
- What do they do?
- What do they wear?
- Write words and draw small pictures to represent your ideas.
- Choose five community helpers you want to draw.
- Draw a helper at the tip of the thumb and each finger.
- Make sure you add enough details to show what each helper does.
- Share your community helpers picture with the class.