- Crayola Washable No-Run Glue
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12") - 1 per student
- Metre Stick of Tape Measure
- Hole Punch - 1 per group of 6 students
- Googly Eyes (optional)
- Make 4 different plan drawings of flowers.
- Choose the one you like the best.
- Use it as a guide for your yarn drawing.
- Measure and cut yarn into pieces that are 1 metre long.
- Draw part of the flower with the glue.
- Use your plan drawing as a guide.
- Place the yarn on top of the glue.
- Gently press it into place with a toothpick.
- Continue in this way until you finish making the whole flower.
- Remember to keep track of how many metres of yarn you use.
- Make sure you keep the number a secret.
- Use a hole punch to make holes around the outer edge of your paper.
- Thread yarn through the holes to make a frame for your drawing.
- You may want to add some googly eyes.
- Write the number of metres you used to make your drawing on the back of the paper.
- Cover the number with a sticky note to keep it a secret.