- Crayola Permanent Markers
- Crayola Glue Sticks
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Wooden Candy Apple Sticks
- Small Pieces of Felt
- Cardstock Paper 11.5 cm x 14 cm (4.5" x 5.5") - 1 per student
- Aluminum Foil Tape
- Bristol Board 11.5 cm x 14 cm (4.5" x 5.5") - for heart shaped tracers
- Tear 3 strips of aluminum foil tape about 13 cm long.
- Remove the paper backing.
- Stick the foil tape to the cardstock paper.
- Cover the whole paper with the foil tape.
- Don't worry if there are a few wrinkles in the tape.
- Let the ends of the tape stick to the table.
- Press the tape flat and smooth on the cardstock paper.
- Lift the foil covered paper off the desk.
- Fold the extra tape around the outer edges of your paper to the back.
- Use a tracer to outline the shape of a heart on the foil covered paper.
- Cut out the heart shape.
- Place the heart on a small piece of felt.
- Use a wooden candy apple stick to draw designs and patterns on the foil.
- Use Crayola permanent markers to colour your design.
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half short end to short end.
- Glue the heart to the paper.
- Write a message on the front and inside the card.