- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Coloured Pencils - 24 Count
- Crayola Construction Paper - Black - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Fine Line Markers - Black
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable Glue Sticks
- Brainstorm 10-15 things about yourself.
- Draw the outline of your profile on a piece of Crayola Marker & Watercolour paper.
- Use an overhead projector (if one is available) to cast a shadow of your profile.
- Work with a partner to trace each other's profile.
- Use a pencil to fill your shape with drawings that represent the ideas on your brainstorming list.
- Each picture is a symbol of something that is important to you.
- Focus on the positive and negative spaces as you balance where you place each object.
- Make sure the images lead your eye through the space.
- Outline all the drawings with black fine line marker.
- Colour the objects with Crayola oloured pencils.
- Colour negative space with one or a variety of strong colours to make the objects stand out.
- Cut out the silhouette.
- Glue it to a piece of black construction paper.
- View your work with fresh eyes.
- What does it tell people about you?
- How do the colours affect the overall design?
- What do you like best about your work? Why?