- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Paint Brush
- Crayola No-Run Washable School Glue
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola No. 2 Pencil
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Take Note Permanent Markers
- Crayola Bright Pop Cardstock
- Popsicle Sticks
- Wiggle Eyes
CIY Staff Tips:
- If you don’t have Popsicle sticks at home, substitute craft sticks instead.
- Experiment with other supplies like chenille stems and cotton swabs to make a frighteningly good family of monsters!
Cover 5–7 Popsicle sticks with paint. Dry 1–2 hours. Add second coat. Dry 1–2 hours.
Line up painted Popsicle sticks side by side. Glue unpainted Popsicle stick across the middle to hold sticks together and create base for monster arms.
Let glue dry 15–30 minutes, then flip sticks over.
Sketch and cut out construction paper mouth.
Draw teeth in mouth with markers. Glue to Popsicle sticks.
Sketch and cut out cardstock body parts such as arms, horns, and tail. Glue to Popsicle sticks.
Glue wiggle eyes to Popsicle sticks. Let all glue steps dry 1–2 hours.
Create more creatures for a monster mash!