- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Paint Brush
- Crayola No-Run Washable School Glue
- Crayola Project Vivid Colours Cardstock
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Model Magic
- Crayola Model Magic Shape ‘N Cut Tools
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Paper Straw
CIY Staff Tips:
- To create paper decorations that stand up: glue paper to straw, stick straw in small Model Magic ball, and glue ball to float.
- Experiment with different Crayola Marker types and sizes for details and embellishments.
Cover outside of shoebox with paint. Dry 1–2 hours. Add second coat. Dry 1–2 hours.
Cover inside of shoebox lid with paint. Dry 1–2 hours. Add second coat. Dry 1–2 hours.
Flip bottom of shoebox upside down and glue to inside of lid to create float.
Create elements like fans and masks with cardstock and construction paper.
Embellish paper decorations with markers.
Use Model Magic Shape ‘N Cut Tools to create Model Magic elements like coins and street signs. Dry overnight.
Embellish Model Magic decorations with markers and glitter glue.
Glue decorations to float. Dry 1–2 hours.
Add a Mardi Gras sign to front of float before parading your creation through the French Quarter!