- Crayola No. 2 Pencil
- Crayola Crayon Sharpener
- Crayola Crayons
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Fabric Markers
- Crayola No-Run Washable School Glue
- Crayola Take Note Permanent Markers
- Crayola Crayon Melter
- Parchment Paper
- Cotton T-Shirt
- Craft Knife
CIY Staff Tips:
- These crafts include the use of an iron, a craft knife, and our Crayola Crayon Melter. Adult assistance required.
- A pencil sharpener will work if you don’t have a crayon sharpener on hand.
- Use sandpaper with a fine grit for best results when making your Crayon Art T-Shirt.
- Crayon Letter Decoration can also be displayed in a shadow box!
- For additional tips and tricks on how to use the Crayola Melter, reference the included instruction sheet.
- If using wrapped crayons, use the label cutter included with the Crayon Melter to unwrap.
- When color begins to run out in your Crayon Melter, add more crayons to the unit and wait approximately 1 minute for new crayons to melt.
Melted Crayon Butterflies
To create Melted Crayon Butterflies: Fold cardstock sheet in half. Draw outlines of half butterflies along crease of cardstock.
Sharpen unwrapped crayons to create shavings. Unfold cardstock, sprinkle in shavings, re-fold, and place parchment paper on top.
Have an adult iron parchment paper on low heat for 1 minute. Cool 15 minutes. Cut out butterflies and unfold.
Crayon Art T-Shirt
To create Crayon Art T-Shirt: Draw design on sandpaper with crayons.
Place cardboard inside shirt. Place sandpaper design face down on shirt. Place parchment paper on top of sandpaper. Have an adult iron over design on low heat 3–5 minutes.
Add details with fabric markers.
Crayon Letter Decoration
To create Crayon Letter Decoration: Draw outline of initial on cardstock and cut out.
Ask an adult to trim crayons with craft knife to fit in outline. Glue to cardstock.
Attach a ribbon to hang.
Crayon Melter Canvas Art
To create Crayon Melter Canvas Art: Sketch design on canvas in pencil. Trace over with permanent markers.
Break crayons into smaller pieces. Load 2–3 pieces into top of Crayon Melter. Have an adult plug in and set up Crayon Melter.
Hold Crayon Melter upright and press to canvas, creating dots in the open areas of the design until filled. Cool for 5 minutes.