Do you offer helpful hints when selecting a Colors of the World skin tone and undertone?
What are skin tones?
Your skin tone is the genetic amount of melanin, naturally occurring dark brown or black pigments, in the outermost layer of your skin. Skin tones can change over time for various reasons.
What is your skin tone?
There are 3 traditional skin tones: Light, Medium, and Deep.
- Light or fair skin tone: Contains a small amount of melanin within the skin.
- Medium skin tone: Contains a fair amount of melanin within the skin, is a neutral colour, and has a beige appearance. This skin tone is often referred to as an “olive” colour.
- Deep skin tone: Contains a large amount of melanin within the skin.
What are undertones?
Undertones are the natural colours underneath the surface of your skin. Because undertones are under the surface of the skin, you can have the same skin tone as another person, but have a completely different undertone. Undertones are not based on skin tone. For instance, a light skin tone can have a warm undertone and a deep skin tone can have a cool undertone. Also, undertones remain the same, even when you tan. There are 3 traditional undertones: Rose, Almond, and Golden.
- Pink, blue, and/or red hues under the skin = Rose, pink or cool undertone
- A mixture of warm and cool hues typically the same colour as your skin tone = Almond, neutral or olive undertone
- Peach, yellow, and/or gold hues under the skin = Golden or warm undertone
What is your undertone?
You can identify your undertone by using the colour of your veins. In natural light, what colour are the veins under your skin on the inside of your arm or wrist?
- Blue and/or purple veins = Rose or cool undertone
- Colourless, same colour as your skin, and/or a combination of blue and green veins = Almond or neutral undertone
- Green and/or olive veins = Golden or warm undertone
Tips for selecting your Colors of the World skin tone crayon colour:
- Check out the colour panels on the side of the Colors of the World crayon box.
- Match: Use crayon box colour panels or create colour swatches.
- Select: Pick colours closest to your skin tone.
- Colour: Draw your #TrueSelfie with your unique colours!
Another way to find your skin tone crayon is to colour a small area on a piece of paper with the crayon colours closest to your skin tone. Compare the areas with the inside of your arm or wrist, and select the crayon colour that best matches your skin tone.
While the marker barrel and cap are recyclable, not all parts of the marker are. Because the marker components are securely sealed during the manufacturing process, we don’t recommend trying to remove the marker nib and reservoir. The marker caps can be recycled at facilities that accept #5 plastic.
Crayola offers an innovative program called ColorCycle that converts old markers into energy as well as wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles. The process repurposes the entire marker, regardless of the different kinds of plastics or how they are assembled. You can learn more about this program and all of Crayola’s other environmental initiatives at www.crayola.com/colorcycle.
It is difficult to provide an exact shelf life for Crayola products because it depends on how and where they have been stored. Our products are generally tested on the basis of how they are used, rather than how long they have remained unused. We stand behind the Crayola brand name and will work to take care of any quality issue you may encounter. If you have any further questions, please call (800) 272‑9652 weekdays between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM Eastern Time and a representative will be happy to assist you.
With the health and safety of our community in mind, the Crayola Canada 2022 Annual United Way Sale has been canceled. Crayola Canada continues to develop alternatives to support the United Way.
Crayola products are typically sold through a network of distributors and retail stores. For information on direct purchasing requirements in Canada, please check out our Wholesale Purchasing page.
To export products internationally, please contact the appropriate international office for assistance.
Crayola does not authorize resellers in any online marketplace.
If you have additional questions, we would love to hear from you! Feel free to call or text us at 1−800−272−9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time. If you would prefer to send us an email, visit our contact uspage.
Crayola® Play Sand is an official licensed product manufactured by Covia Holdings Corporation. Covia Holdings Corporation is equipped to handle your requests and may be contacted as follows:
Covia Holdings Corporation (formerly Mineral Visions)
400 Riverview Drive
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Customer Service email address: email@example.com
Customer Service phone:1 – 800-255‑7263 ext 39230
Weekdays: 9:00 am — 4:00 pm EST