- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Paint Brush
- Crayola Watercolours
- Crayola No-Run Washable School Glue
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola No. 2 Pencil
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Take Note Permanent Markers
- Paper Towel Roll
- Disposable Plate
- Disposable Cup
CIY Staff Tips:
- To create a pastel shade of paint, pour the paint colour of your choice and white paint onto disposable plate, then mix paint together with a paint brush.
- In lieu of painting the yarn with watercolours, use brightly coloured yarn to save some time!
Cut paper towel roll in half.
Cover paper towel roll with paint. Dry 1–2 hours. Add second coat. Dry 1–2 hours.
To create mane, wrap yarn around fingers 10–12 times, creating a loop. Gently remove from fingers.
Using another piece of yarn, tie knot close to top of yarn loop to secure.
Place scissors through bottom of loop and cut to create fringe.
Repeat steps 3–5 to create tail.
Paint yarn with different shades of watercolours. Dry overnight.
Glue tail to back of paper towel roll. Glue mane inside roll, then hang over front of roll. Dry 1–2 hours.
Sketch and cut out construction paper horn and ears.
Add sparkly accents to horn with glitter glue. Dry 3–4 hours.
Glue horn and ears inside paper towel roll, facing forward.
Draw eyelids and eyelashes on front of roll with markers.
Lightly dip finger into paint and press to front of roll to create rosy cheeks. Let all glue and paint steps dry 1–2 hours.
Rainy Day Crafts