FAQs for 2015-2016 Creativity Connects the World Art Exhibition
1. Why can’t I find information about the Art Expo online?
a. When you search “Crayola Art Expo” prior year exhibitions will populate first. Scroll down to link showing the 2015-2016 exhibition. Or, type www.crayola.com/artexpo in the search bar.
2. Is there an easy print out for students to take home to parents about this exhibition?
a. The Crayola Artwork Permission Form can be provided to families as a point of reference, but does not need to be completed unless the student was selected as a finalist.
3. Is there a limit to the number of entries a teacher or school submits?
a. No, there is no limit on submissions.
4. How should I send the student’s information?
a. Include the student’s name and grade level when submitting the photo/scan of artwork; additional contact information will be collected from the finalists selected.
5. Should the student’s name be on the artwork?
a. Place student name on the backside of the artwork.
6. What does the inspiration statement need to include?
a. The student’s inspiration statement should connect to the theme “How creativity connects the word.” in 50 words or less. Teachers are urged to use art from the Foundation for Art and Preservation in Embassies’ collection to inspire students’ work that is submitted.
7. How/where do I submit the title and inspiration statement?
a. Students can title their artwork and write their 50 word or less inspiration statement while creating their art, but this information does not need to be included with the artwork photo/scan submission. After the finalists are announced, the Artwork Permission Form will be released and it is on this form that the title and statement can be provided.
8. How will I receive the parent consent form?
a. Once finalists are announced, submitters will receive a Crayola Artwork Permission Form to complete and send home to finalist’s family to sign.
b. If you need a parent consent form to send home to families prior to the child creating his/her artwork, the Form can be provided as a reference.
Click here for more information about Creativity Connects the World.