Play Nice and Share
Ensuring a high quality of life for our employees, their families and the communities in which they live is extremely important to Crayola.
To ensure a positive future, Crayola Canada takes a responsible role as a good corporate citizen in the communities where our employees work and live. By encouraging employee volunteerism and providing financial support and product contributions to community organizations, we play an active role in the community’s social, economic and cultural development.
Crayola Canada makes cash and product contributions to non-profit organizations throughout the City of Kawartha Lakes area. All requests are handled through the Human Resources/Administrative Services department. Crayola Canada is proud to be an active community leader and is committed to improving the quality of life in the City of Kawartha Lakes.
In addition to these contributions, Crayola Canada employees volunteer many hours of their personal time to boards and organizations every year to ensure the success of a multitude of Company and community events and activities.
United Way Campaign
Social Event Activities
Employees are encouraged to volunteer their time toward these events and can obtain specific information by contacting the Human Resources Department.
COMMUNITY PROGRAMS & PARTNERSHIPS
We partner with leading nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies, and other community based organizations to tackle immediate concerns and to develop longer-term solutions. Through a combination of company-wide signature initiatives like board memberships and locally-driven programs like those selected by The Employee Volunteer Council who helps identify the key community activities Crayola will support in the upcoming year, we strengthen the capacity of community organizations to help people thrive.
Financial and product donations are essential resources for our communities and sustaining nonprofit organizations in meeting their missions. In grant-making through corporate charitable funds and local business support, we contribute to local and national organizations that are making a meaningful impact. Here are our programs:
Dollars for Doers
Dollars for Doers demonstrates Crayola’s commitment to encouraging employees to volunteer for organizations that are important to them and touch their heart. To support all full- and part-time employees in their volunteer efforts, this company sponsored grants program annually provides $100 grants to nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations where an employee volunteers 24 or more hours a year. Employees may apply for up to 2 grants a year. Call Community Engagement at Ext. 4749 for an application.
Corporate Donation Programs
Our contribution programs include:
• Annual Grant Program. Crayola provides support to many Lehigh Valley nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations. Grant information about the following year’s funding is sent to nonprofits in September; the deadline to submit their grant request is Dec. 1.
• Arts Education Grants for Schools. This grants program encourages creative innovation and excellence in the classroom. Crayola provides cash and product support to classroom teachers in Lehigh Valley public and private schools, Grades K through 8, that links the arts with other disciplines. Grant information is sent to school Principals in September and grant requests must be submitted by December 1 from the classroom teacher.
• Employee Matching Gifts. Crayola will match qualified contributions of full and part-time employees to education and nonprofit arts and cultural organizations. The gift must be an actual donation; donors cannot receive goods, services or other privileges as a result of the contribution. We match the following contributions (to a specific limit).
- Accredited Higher Education Programs (colleges and universities)
- Public and private schools, grades K through high school.
- 501(c)3 nonprofit arts and cultural organizations
**Employees are limited to one contribution in each category. There is a minimum match contribution of $25 and a maximum of $500. Employees must complete an application that can be found in information stations or by calling Community Engagement, Ext. 4749.
• United Way. The United Way believes every person in our community deserves an opportunity for a good life and so does Crayola. We have a year round United Way fundraising program. The employee giving campaign is conducted in early fall and employees look forward to our continued participation in the United Way’s Day of Caring. In addition, the corporation makes a significant annual gift.
• Annual Product Donations. Once a year, Lehigh Valley nonprofits can request a Crayola product donation. We partner with Good360, a national distribution center, to provide product donations to nonprofit organizations outside the Lehigh Valley.